The digital revolution is transforming the globe at an unprecedented pace.
We are on the path to curing cancer, colonizing Mars, automating vehicles, and building quantum computers. Science fiction is becoming reality right before our eyes.
However, humanity is struggling.
- In social networking, we feel more isolated.
- In the media, we feel the truth slipping away.
- In the age of big data, we feel overwhelmed.
- As the internet is expanding, our humanity is contracting.
By design, we are social creatures. Yet we are losing our ability to interact together in real life. We are unintentionally devaluing community, culture, and connectedness. We are losing dialog, creativity, and wisdom.
There are dire consequences for us if we allow this to continue.
Our strength is our ability to work together towards a common good, and yet our collaborative muscles are showing signs of atrophy.
Maybe technology is not a complete answer.
Maybe there is something more to why we are here. Maybe we must also value our time without technology so that we can create something better, together.
There is a monumental opportunity, even a responsibility, to create services, methods, and products that help us engage with one another without technological distortion and distraction. We must strengthen our communal muscles. The families that do this well will be happier and healthier; the institutions that do this well will flourish; the companies that do this well will dominate.
We at mcSquares believe the solution to our technological overload is rooted in centuries-old techniques that complement the way we kinesthetically and communally interact. This solution encourages collaboration in a psychologically safe way. It is sans technology, yet not wasteful. It is approachable, familiar, and easy. It is inclusive and facilitates both creativity, communication, and organization.
The answer is comically simple, and we call it “Whiteboarding”.
Whiteboarding is not just simply using dry-erase products. Whiteboarding is so much more. It is the definition of how we effectively engage and create, in person, as a group.
- Whiteboarding is the process of visual communication.
- Whiteboarding is the process of thinking out loud.
- Whiteboarding is the process of illustrative explanation.
- Whiteboarding is the process of achieving alignment.
- Whiteboarding is the process of working through a problem.
- Whiteboarding is the process of gathering people in a room to brainstorm.
- Whiteboarding is the process of encouraging dialog and creating solutions.
- Whiteboarding is the process of defining tactics and assigning roles.
- Whiteboarding is the process of creativity without fear of judgment.
- Whiteboarding is the process of expressing affection and encouragement
- Whiteboarding is the process of community enlightenment.
Whiteboarding = Creating, Together
What we do is not rocket science, it is social science.
At mcSquares, we make products that make Whiteboarding better, we create the frameworks that make Whiteboarding effective, and we lead the community of Whiteboarders around the globe.